Thursday, February 17, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 9

Plot summary


Josie didn't want her mum to go out with the surgeon called Paul Presilio. So they had a huge fight, but after a while they both felt sorry and apologised, even though it wasn't their fault.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)


Paul Presilio is a new character in this chapter, he goes out on a dat with Christina, but Josie doesn't like him.

Important Quotations


"We call them the penguins because of them wearing wimples and all the Sound of Music gear."(pg 91)
"They're the same old tyrants who terrorised children in the sixties." (pg 93)
"I stood by my desk and stuck my fingers in my ears so I could ignore her but she walked over and pushed me back." (pg 98)
"She slammed my door and i wanted to cry. Because i didn't want to take that feeling away from Mama. I just didn't want him to give it to her." (pg 99)

Personal Response


I think that Josie doesn't want to lose her mother that why she doesn't want her mum to go out with anyone, even though she said it was because she didn't like Paul.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


tyrants - a ruler who uses power unjustly
prominent - standing out so as to be easily seen

5 comments:

  1. What does Christina mean about "I'm a young woman and i'm tired of being old."?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she meant that although she was a young women, she has had to quickly grow up and act mature

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete