Thursday, February 24, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 20

Plot summary


Josie found out that she was elected school captain, but because Sister Louise thinks she's not responsible enough, she gave the job to Poison Ivy.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)


Josie found out she was elected school captain but then she as given vice captain and she felt really sad.

Important Quotations


"I began to feel uneasy then. What if there was a roll call at one of the stops? What if the police were looking for four missing girls? What if my mother received a call from the school saying I was missing?" (pg 178)
"Tuesday morning, four names were called out and I don't think I have to tell you whose names they were. Sister handed us back our sponsor sheets with such anger that I felt each sheet fan my face with the force of an air-conditioner." (pg180)
"Sister Louise looked at us all with such disgust that I felt sick to the stomach. I think at that moment I would rather have been dead than disgusting." (pg 180)
"I was embarrassed because I was crying, but I didn't realise until then how much it meant to me to be a prefect." (pg 183)
"I was wrong, I thought to myself. I honestly believed it. Not because Sister Louise told me or because she made me believe I was. I knew deep down that I was wrong and I think that my emancipation began at that moment." (pg 185)

Personal Response


I think that Sister Louise is really mean and that she should of given the job to Josie even though she might of not been as responsible as Ivy at that time, but i'm pretty sure if Sister Louise gave the job to Josie she would of learnt the responsibility.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


emancipation - the act of freeing or state of being free

No comments:

Post a Comment