Sunday, February 27, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 21

Plot summary


Josie and John went to watch Macbeth at the movies, and when they were getting things to eat, Josie turned around and saw Jacob behind them. She was really scared because Jacob was furious, she walked   over to talk to him and all his friends came asking isn't she your girlfriend. Jacob was really angry and Josie was crying when they left the movies. Josie kept crying and crying at the bus stop and Jacob came back for and they made up.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)


Josie had a hard time trying to explain to Jacob that she only came to the movies to watch Macbeth with John and they were just friends.

Important Quotations


"I didn't experience the same rush of excitement I would have felt a few months ago, but I was glad he called after all." (pg 186)
"My heart stopped for one single second when I found myself facing Jacob on the other side of the room. His arms were folded and he was looking at me furiously." (pg 187)
"Jacob pushed him back roughly. John, in turn, pushed him back gently. I don't know who got on my nerves more." (pg 189)

Personal Response


I think that Jacob shouldn't always get angry with Josie, and its no big deal that Josie is going to the movies with a guy, because she already said that John is her friend.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


aggregates - collections of particulars in whole sum, mass, total or combined

No comments:

Post a Comment