Thursday, February 24, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 18

Plot summary


Jacob gave Josie a surprise after she finished work, it was a holden car and Jacob fixed the car himself. He was very proud of himself and that Josie didn't have to sit on a motorbike anymore.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)



Important Quotations


" This year is going by so fast. It's already more than halfway through and I still feel unsettled. I always thought that I'd start university with a fresh mind and no problems." (pg 165)
" You may have known him all your life, Ivy, but I think that I know how he feels a bit more than you do." (pg 167)
" I pictured myself with Jacob Coote for the rest of my life." (pg 170)

Personal Response


I think Jacob Coote is a really nice guy and he likes Josie so much.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


audacity - boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety
grotesque - odd or in unnatural in shape

No comments:

Post a Comment