Thursday, February 24, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 16

Plot summary


Today Josie and Jacob wagged school to go on a date. They found out a lot of things about each other that they don't really know about.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)


When Josie and Jacob were on the beach, Josie felt really attached to Jacob and Josie could see them being a married couple and were together forever.

Important Quotations


"Sometimes he's a tough guy and I can imagine him bashing someone's head in and other times he's this real nice sensitive guy who smiles at babies and helps old woman across the street." (pg 150)
"I sat with my head against him and listened to his heart beat, I felt that I would never be closer to another human being again." (pg 154)

Personal Response


I think that Josie and Jacob are a really sweet couple.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


etcetera - a number of other things or persons unspecified
bifocalled - having two portions, one for near and one for far vision
submissive - rebellious or disobedient

3 comments: