Thursday, February 24, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi - Chapter 17

Plot summary


In this chapter Josie and Michael drove to Adelaide to work. Josie also got to feel really close to her dad when they went. They also talked how her mum and him met and that they didn't like each other at first but then fell in love with each other.

Challenges faced by the Character(s)/information revealed about character(s)


Josie found out the Michael has a girlfriend in Adelaide.

Important Quotations


" Six months ago I hadn't met my father and I didn't want to. These days I see him three times a week and the day I don't see him he rings me. Somehow we've  developed a great relationship." (pg 156)
" Remembered how I said that night time cares me a lot because I feel as if everyone could be dead? We'll just being able to hear Michael snoring made the night time sound so alive." (pg 164)

Personal Response


I think that this chapter Josie got to find out a lot about her parents and that she grew closer to Michael in this chapter.

Definition of 3 difficult words encountered


stilted - stiffly dignified or formal, as speech or literary style
interrogates - to ask questions, especially formally or officially
ambiguous - open to or having several  possible meanings or interpretations

3 comments: